- Bristol City will be without Gary O’Neil, Jens Hegeler, Famara Diedhiou and Eros Pisano for the reception of Manchester United.
- Callum O’Dowda has missed the last three matches for Bristol City and remains a doubt on Wednesday.
- Lee Johnson has to decide between going for a huge cup upset of rotating his squad with promotion from the Championship in mind.
- Jose Mourinho says he will not rotate his squad too much out of respect to a strong Championship opponent, Bristol City.
- Nevertheless, Antonio Valencia will not be risked and the likes of Nemanja Matic, David de Gea and Ashley Young are expected to be given the night off.
- Paul Pogba will start for Manchester United after completing a three-match suspension, while Henrikh Mkhitaryan will return to the squad after being axed for eight of United’s last nine matchday squads.
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic will push for his first start since April after being eased back from injury by Mourinho this season.
- Daley Blind, Luke Shaw, Victor Lindelof, Scott McTominay, Matteo Darmian and Anthony Martial will also push for starts on Wednesday.
- Bristol City knocked out Premier League opposition on three occasions (Watford, Stoke and Crystal Palace) to set up this glamour home tie with holders Manchester United.
- Lee Johnson’s side are third in the Championship and have only lost three games all season. Up against a United side that haven’t kept a clean sheet in their last five away games, Bristol City cannot be underestimated on Wednesday night.