- Sergio Garcia misses out due to injury after pulling up early on in Espanyol’s 3-1 defeat against Eibar.
- Leo Baptistao is fit to start again up front alongside Gerard Moreno, however.
- No other changes are expected from the hosts, but Javi Fuego, Aaron Martin, David Lopez and Victor Sanchez are all one yellow card from a suspension.
- Bernardo, Pedro Alcala and Marc Muniesa are all injured for the home side, leaving them very short at centre-back heading into Monday’s match.
- David Timor will likely be asked to drop in at centre-back or Bambo could be drafted in for a first La Liga start.
- Bono will probably retain his place after a hat-trick of howlers in between the sticks against Alaves.
There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 8 of Girona‘s last 9 games (La Liga).
There have been under 2.5 goals scored in Espanyol‘s last 4 home games (La Liga).
Gironahavescored at least 2 goals in their last 4 away matches (La Liga).
Gironaareundefeated in their last 5 away matches (La Liga).
- Espanyol have won their last two competitive home games, with Quique Sanchez Flores’ men continuing to be tough to break down, but unable to score many goals.
- The hosts have scored just 11 goals in their 14 La Liga games thus far, with five of those coming from Gerard Moreno.
- Girona have lost just one of their last five competitive games, with their recent 3-2 defeat against Alaves coming due to calamitous goalkeeping.