- Thiago Maia is a doubt with a hamstring issue; look for Yves Bissouma to take his place in midfield.
- Ibrahim Amadou is even less likely to play, with youngster Boubakary Soumare an option in defensive midfield.
- Lille should go back to a 4-3-3 after their 4-4-2 failed to pull up any trees in a disappointing loss to Dijon.
- Christophe Jallet remains a doubt, but Maxime Le Marchand has looked steady enough in the veteran’s absence.
- Pierre Lees-Melou impressed in a deeper role at the weekend, but should be moved to the flank here.
- Look for the likes of Nampalys Mendy and Vincent Koziello to start here after being rested at the weekend.
Lille have drawn 5 of their last 6 matches against Nice in all competitions.
Nice have won their last 4 matches (Ligue 1).
There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 7 of Lille‘s last 8 games (Ligue 1).
Nice are undefeated in their last 11 away matches against Lille in all competitions.
- Nice are in great form at the moment, having catapulted themselves back into European contention with the returns of Cyprien and Seri; they should be good value for a victory here.
- Lille have looked better since the departure of Marcelo Bielsa, but still are too often blunted in attack with only Ezequiel Ponce as an orthodox striker. Even playing at home during this festive period won’t be enough for a result against their in-form opponents.