- Federico Ricca and Diego Rolan are creeping back to fitness, but likely won’t be involved until next week.
- Diego Gonzalez should continue at left-back, with Michel maintaining the same team that has done well lately.
- Borja Baston will help to lead the line after being involved in both goals versus Real Sociedad last weekend.
- Jordi Amat is back from suspension, but Aissa Mandi and Zouhair Feddal will be preferred at centre-back.
- Andres Guardado is suspended for the away side, and also picked up an injury problem against Atletico Madrid recently.
- Fabian Ruiz and Ryad Boudebouz will be asked to strike up a partnership in central midfield.
Real Betis have failed to score in their last 3 away matches (La Liga).
Real Betis have lost their last 3 away matches (La Liga).
- Malaga have lost just one game in their last five competitive outings, with Los Boquerones appearing to have turned a corner just before the Christmas period.
- The hosts’ fans always turn out in force, giving their team a terrific welcome. That factor could be a big boost against a visiting side that are struggling for confidence.
- Betis are winless in their last five games and appear to be entirely clueless in terms of their direction. They need a bit of confidence, and fast.