- Bogdan Butko and Taison look set to join Sergey Krivtsov and Maksim Malyshev on the sidelines for Wednesday’s reception of Manchester City.
- With Darijo Srna also unavailble for the home side, Shakhtar will be short at right-back. Ivan Petryak may have to adapt there as he did at the weekend.
- Viktor Kovalenko may deputise for Taison in a central role behind Facundo Ferreyra.
- Pep Guardiola is expected to shuffle his pack with top spot already secured and the Manchester Derby to come next up after this game.
- Kevin De Bruyne is suspended, joining John Stones and Benjamin Mendy on the sidelines for this match. David Silva has not travelled with the rest of the squad to keep him fit for the weekend.
- Ilkay Gündogan, Yaya Toure, Bernardo Silva, Phil Foden, Eliaquim Mangala and Claudio Bravo will all push for starts on Wednesday night.
- Shakhtar Donetsk need a point from this match to guarentee second spot in Group F, but that is easier said that done when you consider they are playing group leaders Manchester City.
- However, City have already secured top spot and are expected to field a weakened team on Wednesday. Pep Guardiola’s side have struggled to three 2-1 wins in a row and aren’t playing at their best, which should also work in Shakhtar’s favour.