- Harry Winks is a doubt with an ankle issue and having missed the 3-0 win over Burnley, will be assessed ahead of the Boxing Day clash with Southampton.
- Toby Alderweireld and Victor Wanyama are both back in training, but are unlikely to be fit to feature here.
- Mauricio Pochettino will likely ring the changes for this one, with Kieran Trippier, Danny Rose, Mousa Dembele and Erik Lamela among those who should come into the XI.
- Charlie Austin was forced off with a hamstring problem in the 1-1 draw with Huddersfield and is expected to be replaced by Manolo Gabbiadini in attack.
- Cedric Soares and Ryan Bertrand both miss out for Southampton here.
- Sofiane Boufal and Oriol Romeu will both be looking to start here.
Tottenham have won 8 of their last 10 matches against Southampton in all competitions.
Tottenham have won 5 of their last 6 home matches (Premier League)
Tottenham have seen over 2.5 goals in their last 3 matches against Southampton in all competitions.
Southamptonhavefailed to win their last 6 away matches (Premier League).
- Tottenham landed a comprehensive 3-0 win over Burnley on Saturday evening and will look to back that up with another three points here. Spurs played Southampton in December in 2015 and 2016 in the Premier League and won both games comfortably.
- A 1-1 draw with Huddersfield means Saints have failed to win in six in the Premier League. They haven’t won in six on the road and are expected to struggle when they make the trip to the capital in Tuesday’s early kick off.
- Indeed, Tottenham should make home advantage count here.