- FC Cologne are without first team regulars Jonas Hector, Marcel Risse and Domenique Heintz for the visit of Arsenal.
- Elsewhere Marco Hoger is also out, while Christian Clemens is nearing a return.
- Leonardo Bittencourt did make a timely return from injury at the weekend and could start on the left in place of Simon Zoller, who was forced off early on against Mainz and will be out until the New Year.
- Santi Cazorla is the only certain absentee for Arsenal, who will hope to have Olivier Giroud and Theo Walcott back in contention from a thigh problem and illness respectively.
- David Ospina and Matt Macey are vying for a spot between the posts, while Per Mertesacker may start at the heart of the defence having missed out at the weekend.
- Eddie Nketiah will be hoping to make his first start for the senior side if Giroud nor Welbeck can recover in time, alongside fellow academy graduates Reiss Nelson and Joe Willock.
Arsenal have won their last 3 matches against FC Cologne in all competitions.
FC Cologne have seen over 2.5 goals in their last 3 matches against Arsenal in all competitions.
Arsenal have scored at least 2 goals in their last 3 matches against FC Cologne in all competitions.
- Cologne have had a truly woeful season to now, and this is a huge game for the club if they want to pick their morale off the floor before the winter break in Germany.
- Defeat may well see the hosts crash out having been so enthusiastic about this Europa League campaign at the start of the season, so the atmosphere will be an intense one for a young Arsenal side to contend with.
- The Gunners are already assured of a place in the knockout stages but will no doubt want to guarantee top spot to avoid an impressive batch of Champions League dropouts and they should earn a result that would ensure as much on Thursday evening.