- Mario Rui should be fully fit to start, even though Christian Maggio did well last week.
- Marek Hamsik is expected to play to provide experience in midfield, despite having lost the brilliance of his best years.
- Allan and Jorginho should complete the midfield, with Piotr Zielinski dropping out.
- Gonzalo Higuain has managed to train with Juventus despite fracturing his hand, but will reportedly have to settle for a place on the bench at best against his former side.
- With Higuain not expected to start, Massimiliano Allegri has been tipped to stick with the 3-4-2-1 formation he used against Crotone, but with Mario Mandzukic out, Paulo Dybala leads the line.
- With Stephan Lichtsteiner injured, Mattia De Sciglio is expected to start at right wing-back, although Juan Cuadrado could also play there.
Napoli have won 17 of their last 19 matches (Serie A).
Juventus are undefeated in 30 of their last 33 matches (Serie A).
Napoli have been winning at both half time and full time in 6of their last 8 home matches (Serie A).
Juventus have scored at least 2 goals in their last 7 away matches (Serie A).
There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 8 of Napoli‘s last 9 home games (Serie A).
There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 8 of Juventus‘s last 9 away games (Serie A).
Napoli have scored at least 2 goals in 8 of their last 9 home matches (Serie A).
Napoli are undefeated in 12 of their last 13 home matches against Juventus in all competitions.
- Napoli have shown in recent weeks that they can win playing brilliant football and earn “dirty points” as only top clubs do. They seem to be real contenders for the title this season and the meeting with Juventus will be the ultimate test of their ambitions.
- Juventus are not far off the top and they have demonstrated in previous seasons how they gain momentum later in the campaign, and when it counts the most. However, they may need this victory more than Napoli to prove that their dominance over Serie A is not over yet.
- Whatever the outcome, the philosophy recently adopted by both sides suggests this should be an entertaining game, as Juventus boast the best attack in the league and Napoli are renowned for their attacking style.
- That said, one of the two coaches could make a significant change in order to surprise his opposite number, while Max Allegri has always been more prone to changes than Maurizio Sarri.