- Arsenal could stick with their four-man defence for the second game in a row with Aaron Ramsey still sidelined.
- Shkodran Mustafi has not featured in Arsenal’s last three matches but is nearing a return.
- Alexandre Lacazette and Sead Kolasinac will return to the starting XI after being rested in their 0-0 draw with West Ham in midweek.
- Danny Welbeck may also rotate into the team at the expense of Alex Iwobi.
- Jonjo Shelvey is suspended for the home side after picking up a red card at the end of Newcastle’s 1-0 defeat to Everton on Wednesday. Isaac Hayden should return to the starting XI as a result to line up against his former club.
Arsenalhavewon their last 9 matches against Newcastle in all competitions.
Newcastlehavelost 7 of their last 8 matches (Premier League).
Arsenal have kept a clean shee
- Arsenal are closer to the bottom three than Premier League leaders Manchester City after only managing to draw 0-0 with West Ham on Wednesday. They are now winless in three league matches for the first time since April.
- Newcastle haven’t won since the end of October and have lost seven of the eight matches that followed their 1-0 win over Crystal Palace. The Magpies are now only one point above the relegation zone.
- Arsenal have won their last five home matches against Newcastle and have raked up some thumping wins in that time, including 7-3, 3-0 and 4-1 victories in that time.
- Newcastle have only picked up five points from a possible 18 on the road this season and have kept just one clean sheet in that run. Things should get worse for Rafa Benitez’s side this weekend.