- Look for Bruno Génésio to employ a decent amount of rotation, with Jordan Ferri and Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa among those in line for a rare start.
- Mariano may also be rested; Myziane Maolida has impressed in a handful of cameos and could make his full debut here, but Memphis Depay is also an option up top.
- Nabil Fekir will return to the side here after missing Sunday’s match through illness.
- Lille may opt for a 4-3-3 or even a 3-5-1-1 as they seek to limit in-form Lyon.
- Thiago Mendes remains a doubt through injury, meaning youngster Bissouma could get the call here.
- Lille, through a lack of options in terms of the playing staff, once again won’t look radically different from Bielsa’s sides, even if the tactics are changed.
Lyon have kept a clean sheet in their last 5 matches (Ligue 1).
Lille have failed to score in 6 of their last 8 away matches (Ligue 1).
Lyon have won 5 of their last 6 matches (Ligue 1).
There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Lille‘s last 4 games (Ligue 1).
Lyon have scored at least 2 goals in 7 of their last 8 matches (Ligue 1).
- Lyon will take this opportunity to keep their playing squad fresh; the absences of Morel and Traoré are frustrating, but Bruno Génésio will be confident of his team’s abilities against the league’s current crisis team.
- Lille will see no shame in losing away to Ligue 1’s in-form side, but they lack the defensive solidity to stop Les Gones.