- Pau Lopez is fit to start in goal for the home side after recovering from a muscle injury.
- Mario Hermoso returns from suspension and should come straight back into the heart of the back four at the expense of Naldo.
- Jose Manuel Jurado is expected to feature on the right-hand side of midfield, with Sergio Garcia taking the injured Leo Baptistao’s place up front.
- No changes are expected for the visitors, who have been performing to very high standards of late in La Liga.
- Franciso Portillo will retain his place on the right-hand side, with Angel leading the line with Jorge Molina.
- Three of Getafe’s first-team regulars – Antunes, Mauro Arambarri and Juan Cala – are one booking from a suspension.
There have been under 2.5 goals scored in Espanyol‘s last 6games (La Liga).
Espanyol have seen under 2.5 goals in 9 of their last 10 home matches against Getafe in all competitions.
There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 6 of Getafe‘s last 7 games (La Liga).
Getafe have scored at least 2 goals in their last 3 matches (La Liga).
- Espanyol have lost their last two La Liga games, but Quique Sanchez Flores’ men are notoriously difficult to break down and dominate.
- The hosts haven’t scored in either of those defeats, with a short-term injury to Leo Baptistao sure not to help matters. With Gerard Moreno carrying a calf problem, plenty of the goalscoring burden is placed on Sergio Garcia’s shoulders.
- Getafe are unbeaten in their last four La Liga games, with Jose Bordalas having his team playing some excellent football. Angel in particular is looking very dangerous indeed.