- Jeison Murillo is missing at centre-back for the home side, which is a very big miss.
- Valencia will start with Gabriel and Ezequiel Garay at the heart of the defence as a result, with few other surprises.
- Simone Zaza should make a start, ahead of getting some treatment on a long-standing injury. He will give whatever he can before facing time on the sidelines.
- Gerard Pique misses out due to suspension for the away side after picking up a booking against Leganes last time out.
- Thomas Vermaelen will be forced to feature at centre-back, with Javier Mascherano currently out due to injury.
- Paco Alcacer should continue on the right-hand side, with Luis Suarez featuring up top after recapturing some goalscoring form of late.
Barcelona have won 18 of their last 19 matches (La Liga)
Valencia have won their last 8 matches (La Liga).
Barcelona have scored at least 2 goals in 18 of their last 19 matches (La Liga).
Valencia have scored at least 2 goals in their last 8 matches (La Liga).
Valencia have been winning at both half time and full time in their last 4 home matches (La Liga).
Barcelona are undefeated in 21 of their last 23 matches against Valencia in all competitions.
Barcelona have been winning at both half time and full timein 6 of their last 8 matches (La Liga).
Valencia have kept a clean sheet in 5 of their last 6 home matches (La Liga).
Barcelona have kept a clean sheet in 5 of their last 7 matches (La Liga).
There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Valencia‘s last 4home games (La Liga).
Valencia have seen over 2.5 goals in their last 3 matches against Barcelona in all competitions.
Valencia have scored at least 2 goals in their last 3 matches against Barcelona in all competitions.
- Valencia have won their last eight games in La Liga and sit just four points off first-placed Barcelona. Marcelino’s men have made a lot of progress in a short space of time, but this is their biggest test at Mestalla yet.
- Both of these sides are unbeaten in the Spanish top flight, with Los Che dropping just two points at home since the start of the campaign. They’ll be confident that they get give the visitors a very tough test indeed.
- Barcelona have only dropped points on the road against Atletico Madrid this season, but Marcelino is bound to have planned meticulously for their visit. The away side have scored in every game this season and that trend should continue.