|Stephan El Shaarawy||Doubtful||6.8|
- Victor Moses and N’Golo Kante are ruled out with hamstring injuries, but Alvaro Morata is in contention to return after missing their 2-1 defeat to Crystal Palace with the same injury. Meanwhile, Danny Drinkwater is still sidelined for the home side.
- Kostas Manolas was subbed off just after half-time in Roma’s 1-0 defeat to Napoli on Saturday and has failed to recover in time for the trip to Stamford Bridge on Wednesday.
- Kevin Strootman and Stephan El Shaarawy missed out against Napoli at the weekend but have been included in the travelling squad here.
There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 6 of Chelsea’s last 7 games (UEFA Champions League).
Chelsea have won their last 3 home matches against Roma in all competitions
- Chelsea have a 100% record in Group C and hold the advantage in the quest to finish top. Roma are their nearest rivals and a win over the Italian side would all but put their name in the next round of the competition.
- Roma are in second on four points but now have two tricky fixtures against Chelsea. Assuming Atletico Madrid can beat minnows Qarabag twice, the Serie A side will do well to hold onto second place by matchday 5.
- Roma have won only one of their 15 away games in England, losing nine. Chelsea slipped to a shock defeat against Crystal Palace at the weekend and Antonio Conte will demand a reaction here. Read the rest of this entry